No sooner the honeycomb was released by Google, Developers have already started working on the port of honeycomb on several devices.
HTC Hero may be an old phone but the Android is not Old for it. This device was released with the Android version 2.1 but later was updated to Android 2.2 with htc sense.
Htc may have stopped support for the device but Developers and hackers have not left this device to die….
To recent note The latest Honeycomb version of android has been ported to HTC Hero and polishing work is being done to make it work for the device without any bug.
Before you jump up let warn you that This rom is not for use in daily life, simply because its not fully functional. This rom is for you if you love experimenting to your phone. it wont cause any harm if you do it correctly.
Lets see whats working:–
- The Honeycomb UI is fully functional.
- Touchscreen is working. However if you seem to loose it, press search button and then back.
- USB connection.
- LED’s are working.
- Settings are accessible.
- Rotation can be a bit tricky and amusing. You have to enter the Camera app in landscape mode and exit the app to enter the landscape mode. You WILL be stuck in landscape mode till you reboot the phone.
Whats not working:–
- No audio output.
- Wi-fi is broken.
- Camera is broken.
- SD-Mounting is broken.
- No data connection.
- No SMS or phone calls.
- Gallery Force Closes.
Please note that these are not the only bugs, you may actually encounter more issues than the ones stated above, so read carefully if you have already decided on giving this ROM a shot.
Here is some screen shots :–
Ok then now if you have finally decided that you are going to give a try to this rom then proceed …
- Rooted htc hero.
- Clockwork Recovery.
- Rom zip Download from here.
Most important :– Make a nandroid backup first.
- Boot to recovery.
- Select flash zip from sd card.
- Select the downloaded .zip file and hit install .
- When done reboot and enjoy…
For more update see the official post here
If you love the android OS but dont have the cash to buy a high end Android phone then there is a way you can do it.
Now its very essay to install latest And famous builds of android on your HD2 NAND (its the rom).
Here is an essay to use tutorial for installing very famous OS Android on your loved Windows mobile HD2.
You will need
- Install HardSPL 2.08 using our this tutorial first.
- Download This DFT_LEO_MAGLDR113_DAF file and unzip on PC.
- Down load the latest radio from here and unzip it.
- Download Clockwork Recovery for htc hd2 from here and unzip it.
- Download android rom and copy to sd card. My favorite miui rom from here Other roms link is at bottom.
MAGLDR is the boot loader for hd2 that allows you to perform several options like booting NAND or SD , booting recovery and USB flashinf etc..
- Navigate to the folder you have extracted in step 2 above.
- Run ROMUpdateUtility as administrator on windows 7/vista.
- Turn off Your phone.
- Turn it back on by holding VOLUME DOWN + POWER .
- When you are at tri-color (bootloader) release the keys.
- Connect the phone to PC using usb.
- Followo the instruction on the application.
- When it completes it will reboot and will Give you with the MAGLDR bootloader.
Installing Clockwork Recovery:-
This is as same as any other clockwork recovery for android and can be easily installed as below
- Run the DAF.exe program from the recovery folder Downloaded in step 4 above.
- [On Mobile] From MAGLDR bootloader select option 5 usb flasher and connect the phone to pc.
- Read well on the DAF program and follow the on screen Instructions.
- When it completes device will reboot.
- It should reboot back to MAGLDR bootloader but if it doesn’t then you may need to install radi as same as the recovery.TO Boot to the MAGLDR bootloader recoveryhold the power on button until you get the menu.
Installing Android to the phone:–
- From MAGLDR bootloader select option 8 [ AD Recovery]
- You should be in the Clockwork recovery now if its give any error then try installing radio and then clockwork again.
- Use volume down key to select the 5th option install zip from sdcard hit call key to confirm
- Now select the android rom that you have Downloaded and hit call.
Use the method given on the rom page for specific roms.
Download android rom from here.
Enjoy the new Android on your phone..
HardSPL 2.08 – also known as 2.08.HSPL – is an SPL bootloader for the HTC HD2 that allows you to install custom Windows Mobile 6.5 ROMs and MAGLDR – which in turn lets you install Windows Phone 7 as well as Android ROMs – to your HD2.
If you want to switch to a custom Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM or intend on turning your HD2 into a Windows Phone 7 or Android device, installing HardSPL 2.08 is the first step in the process.
The tool that we will be using to install HardSPL 2.08 on the HD2 is called HSPL4 and it has been developed by Bepe and Cotulla of DFT (Dark Forces Team).
- HTC HD2 (All versions including T-Mobile USA are supported)
- Phone’s battery charged to 25% or more. (50% or more is recommended to be on the safe side.)
- PC running Windows XP, Vista or 7.
- Microsoft ActiveSync (Windows XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center (Windows Vista / 7) installed.
- microUSB cable for connecting the HD2 to the PC.
- HSPL4 (Download the zip file and extract the contained HSPL4.exe file to your computer.)
How to de:–
- Run the HSPL4.exe file on your computer (as administrator on windows 7/vista).
- Turn your phone off.
- Turn in on holding the volume down key and power button until tri-color screen like in image appears.
- Connect the phone to usb and computer.
- Click ‘Next’ in the HSPL4 window.
- Make sure you select 2.08.HSPL from the dropdown list and click ‘Next’.
- The tool will now install HardSPL 2.08 to your HD2.
8. Once the process is complete, you will get a confirmation message and the device will reboot.
Here is a collection of some of the most used apps that I have for you people….
All are full version and cracked..
To install download the file copy it to your phone SD card use any free file manager like Astro File manager to install the .apk file.
- Beautiful nexus S live wallpaper Download.
- Download full version for free Applanet.
- Move apps to SD pro version Download.
- Titanium backup pro Download.
- Android Music new Download.
- Miui Digital clock Download.
- Angry bird Rio latest Download
HTC Android phone that comes with the Sense UI are very good as they give you a lots of widgets to play with but at the same time it got very poor Lock Screen.
The Sense lock screen is not as best as the UI. Also the sense lock screen results in answering or rejecting the call while taking out of the pocket. If you wanted to change the lock screen but don’t want to use some third party app then here is a solution for you.
This is just to disable the Sense lock screen and enables the stock Froyo lock screen.
- Rooted phone
- HTC sense Device
- Sense version 2.1 or higher.
- Root explorer or super manager.
Note :- It may not work for All phones.
Using super manager as its free but its same for root explorer.
- Download Super Manager from market, install and run.
- Go to settings and enable root.
- Select file manager.
- Click back one level up twice .
- Navigate to system>app — Search for htclockscreen.apk and select it.
- Rename the above file extension to .apkp (its easy to rename back to .apk in-case it troubles you)
- Finally reboot your phone .
This method has worked for Desire HD and Desire Z and should work for most of the new devices.
Enjoy the new look of the device…
>If you love the Android But cant Buy a new mobile so this is fore you INSTALL ANDROID 2.2 ON YOUR IPHONE 3G/2G.
ITS VERY SIMPLE,EASY AND SAFE
(Still do it on your own risk)
Here its how to do it
- iPhone 3G: iOS 4.1, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0, 3.1.3 and 3.1.2, , 4.0, .1, 4.0.2.
- iPhone 2G: iOS 3.1.3 and 3.1.2.
- Your iPhone Must be jailbroken.
Open Cydia. Go to Manage > Sourcesand add the following Source/repo:
Once you’ve added the above mentioned repo, go to Search tab, search for Bootlace and install it.
- When done, press the Home button to close Cydia. Now open Bootlace from your iPhone Springboard.
- Bootlace will download the kernel and patch it then.
- Once done, Reboot your iPhone.
- Open Bootlace. Hit the OK button.
- Select iDroid tab at bottom and then hit the Install button.
Tap the OK button. Bootlace will download and install android on iPhone.
Once the Android installation process is completed, go to OpeniBoot tab at bottom and hit the install button.
- Once done, tap on the Configure button.
- Make your choice, and hit save button.
Go to Quickboot tab and tap on Android to boot your iPhone into Android 2.2.1 Froyo.
NOw you will get a dual boot menue at the startup switch between options by volume key and hit the home key to select