No sooner the honeycomb was released by Google, Developers have already started working on the port of honeycomb on several devices.
HTC Hero may be an old phone but the Android is not Old for it. This device was released with the Android version 2.1 but later was updated to Android 2.2 with htc sense.
Htc may have stopped support for the device but Developers and hackers have not left this device to die….
To recent note The latest Honeycomb version of android has been ported to HTC Hero and polishing work is being done to make it work for the device without any bug.
Before you jump up let warn you that This rom is not for use in daily life, simply because its not fully functional. This rom is for you if you love experimenting to your phone. it wont cause any harm if you do it correctly.
Lets see whats working:–
- The Honeycomb UI is fully functional.
- Touchscreen is working. However if you seem to loose it, press search button and then back.
- USB connection.
- LED’s are working.
- Settings are accessible.
- Rotation can be a bit tricky and amusing. You have to enter the Camera app in landscape mode and exit the app to enter the landscape mode. You WILL be stuck in landscape mode till you reboot the phone.
Whats not working:–
- No audio output.
- Wi-fi is broken.
- Camera is broken.
- SD-Mounting is broken.
- No data connection.
- No SMS or phone calls.
- Gallery Force Closes.
Please note that these are not the only bugs, you may actually encounter more issues than the ones stated above, so read carefully if you have already decided on giving this ROM a shot.
Here is some screen shots :–
- Rooted htc hero.
- Clockwork Recovery.
- Rom zip Download from here.
Most important :– Make a nandroid backup first.
- Boot to recovery.
- Select flash zip from sd card.
- Select the downloaded .zip file and hit install .
- When done reboot and enjoy…
For more update see the official post here