HardSPL 2.08 – also known as 2.08.HSPL – is an SPL bootloader for the HTC HD2 that allows you to install custom Windows Mobile 6.5 ROMs and MAGLDR – which in turn lets you install Windows Phone 7 as well as Android ROMs – to your HD2.
If you want to switch to a custom Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM or intend on turning your HD2 into a Windows Phone 7 or Android device, installing HardSPL 2.08 is the first step in the process.
The tool that we will be using to install HardSPL 2.08 on the HD2 is called HSPL4 and it has been developed by Bepe and Cotulla of DFT (Dark Forces Team).
- HTC HD2 (All versions including T-Mobile USA are supported)
- Phone’s battery charged to 25% or more. (50% or more is recommended to be on the safe side.)
- PC running Windows XP, Vista or 7.
- Microsoft ActiveSync (Windows XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center (Windows Vista / 7) installed.
- microUSB cable for connecting the HD2 to the PC.
- HSPL4 (Download the zip file and extract the contained HSPL4.exe file to your computer.)
How to de:–
- Run the HSPL4.exe file on your computer (as administrator on windows 7/vista).
- Turn your phone off.
- Turn in on holding the volume down key and power button until tri-color screen like in image appears.
- Connect the phone to usb and computer.
- Click ‘Next’ in the HSPL4 window.
- Make sure you select 2.08.HSPL from the dropdown list and click ‘Next’.
- The tool will now install HardSPL 2.08 to your HD2.
8. Once the process is complete, you will get a confirmation message and the device will reboot.